ANH Jawa Robe

Bookmark and Share

ANH Jawa Robe

For the robe I used 7 Yards Monk’s Cloth in Natural. I then dyed it using RIT Dye. Used 4 Dark Brown Powder and 2 Sunshine Orange Powder. I heated about 10 gallons of water to near boiling. Based on weight it called for 15 gallons. But I didn’t have anything that big and I wasn’t about to stain my tub. Also used a cup of salt as recommended. I stirred the cloth continuously for 30 minutes. Then rinsed it off with the hose and washed and dried. Probably don’t want to do this in the kitchen, like I did. lol. 🙂

IMG_1015

Finished cloth.

IMG_1027

Word of caution with the Monks Cloth. Wash it before you start making the robes. This fabric shrinks like crazy. Around 15%!!

The pattern I used was from the Krayt Clan forums, that M.J. put up. Just tweaked the measurements to better fit me.

Jawa_2

Here’s how it looked once I cut out the main robes. And the nice frayed edge. IMG_1034 IMG_1029

I cut the arms out and attached them to the robe and then weathered them with some Dark Brown and Black Rit Dye. I used spray bottles. Focusing on the edges where they would naturally get dirtier.

ANH_Jawa_Dz9588_Front

Hope you found this useful. Feel free to contact me with you have any questions.

 

Recent Posts